Pack walks are springing up all over Jamaica Plain and they have become a great way for your dog to meet new dogs in a safe environment! Paws to Consider has been advocating for the benefits dogs receive during pack walks for some time now and find that it makes for a far more rewarding dog walking experience! Here are 5 benefits of pack walks:
1. Structured pack walks help build a dog’s confidence. Once they learn to look to the trainer/handler/owner as pack leader, they know they can rely on that person for guidance. They do not have to worry about making their own decisions.
2. Dogs have a natural instinct and desire to belong in a pack. After being properly trained, this particular skill is super easy for them.
3. With a structured leader, dogs are more willing to allow new comers into their pack. Dogs also will feed off each other. They will help teach the “new comers” the proper way to preform the pack walk.
4. Increase in socialization skills.
5. Increase in being able to ignore distractions. Ex: cars or bikes passing, dogs barking, kids playing etc.
If you want to discuss adding your dog to pack walks with Paws to Consider, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Sunday 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Walking Hours 10:00AM - 3:30PM
We provide service to our clients 7 days a week and will be there when you can’t, to love your pet (almost) as much as you do! Paws to Consider is fully insured and bonded, and a proud member of the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS).